I've spent the last two weeks working on the details of this project. This is the most time I've ever spent planning anything. I've pretty much completed the CAD drawing, except for the interior walls that will enclose the bathroom and create storage space. I estimate I will hammer that detail out as construction begins, as the doors will play a big part in it. Hidden layers in the drawing below include the exterior sheathing and interior wall covering. I also have not finalized the exterior finish material. I'm leaning towards using a galvanized metal roofing material. Windows? I don't know where to begin there yet. I'm sure that will either include some skillful woodwork or expensive add-ons.
Here's the CAD model in all it's glory. After this was finished, I took a lined piece of paper, and with the width representing an 8' 2x2, I drew each cut onto the paper. I then drew out all the sheathing material in such a way to make the best use of each 4x8 sheet. This enabled me to economize on my lumber purchases.
The bitch here is weight. I did some calculating and so far I've included 94lbs of PT 4x4, 82lbs. of 2x2 and approximately 300(!)lbs of 1/2" plywood (roughly 500lbs of building materials). With the exterior and interior treatments, this puts the final trailer towing weight near 750lbs. I'm leaning towards reducing the sheathing thickness from 1/2" to 1/4". This will save a significant amount in weight. I should know better when the frame is complete and I know how sturdy it is.
Next step is to get down to the DMV and get the trailer registered. I also got my bolt-on trailer hitch, I'll need to install that soon.